Corvus* Amateur Drama Society (CADS) is Royston’s amateur drama group, performing since the 1940s. Membership is open to anyone from fifteen years of age upwards, though we also perform a family pantomime that embraces all age groups. The group performs regularly at Greneway School and Meridian School, Garden Walk, Royston. We also run a Play Reading Group.
* Why "Corvus"? Click here to find out
CADS aims to enter different Drama Festivals on a regular basis and has entered the Haverhill, Welwyn, Sawston or Cambridge Drama Festivals with one-act plays most years since 2004. In three of the last five times it has entered the Cambridge Festival, CADS has won the Audience Appreciation award; in 2007 and 2011 the group also won the overall best play award, in 2006, 2007 and 2013 members of the group won the Best Cameo award, in 2011 Jordan Worland won the award for Best Actor, with Bernie Parsons being nominated for Best Actress. And in 2013 Tamsin Cowley won Best Technical award. At the 2013 Welwyn Festival the group won the Adjudicator's Special Award, and over the years, we have also picked up awards for sound and technical presentation, with members of CADS being frequently nominated in many other categories at most of these festivals. For a full list, click here.
If you're interested in joining CADS then please get in touch - we welcome everyone aged 15 and up from experienced techies to budding actors, and we're always happy to have new members - the only requirement is enthusiasm!
Paid membership of CADS costs £15 (Adults) / £10 (Concessions) and provides the following benefits:
- Regular newsletters with details of what’s on
- FREE ticket for each of our productions
- Full public and personal liability insurance when working on group productions
- Opportunity to take part in a wide variety of theatrical productions including drama, music, pantomime
- Opportunity to learn all about stage craft: stage management, staging, lighting and sound, props, costume, make-up
- Opportunity for people with interests as diverse as costume design, carpentry, make-up and stage electrics
- Involvement with the local community
- Social events and activities
Committee - Officers
President: Peter Worthy
Chair: Emma Daintrey - 01763 242906
Vice-Chair: Wendy Watts - 01763 245820
Treasurer: Rupert Jordan - 01763 262885
Secretary: Michael Young - 01763 223805
Committee - Members