Corvus* Amateur Drama Society (CADS) is Royston’s amateur drama group, performing since the 1940s. Membership is open to anyone from fifteen years of age upwards, though we also perform a family pantomime that embraces all age groups. The group has recently inaugurated an exciting new programme of quarterly drama meetings, and performs regularly at Greneway School and Meridian School, Garden Walk, Royston.
* Why "Corvus"? Click here to find out
CADS aims to enter different Drama Festivals on a regular basis and has entered the Haverhill, Welwyn or Cambridge Drama Festivals with one-act plays in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2011. In three of the last four times it has entered the Cambridge festival, CADS has won the Audience Appreciation award; in 2007 and 2011 the group also won the overall best play award, in both 2006 and 2007 members of the group won the Best Cameo award and in 2011 Jordan Worland won the award for Best Actor, with Bernie Parsons being nominated for Best Actress.
CADS also makes its own local drama awards each year - click here for details.
Paid membership of CADS provides the following benefits:
* Regular newsletters with details of what’s on
* Full public and personal liability insurance when working on group productions
* Opportunity to take part in a wide variety of theatrical productions including drama, music, pantomime
* Opportunity to learn all about stage craft: stage management, staging, lighting and sound, props, costume, make-up
* Opportunity for people with interests as diverse as costume design, carpentry, make-up and stage electrics
* Involvement with the local community
* Social events and activities
President: Pat Houghton
Committee - Officers
Chair: Ian Cowley - 07889 317935
Vice-Chair: Kev Marchant - 07813 953332
Treasurer: Phil Rowe - 01763 231749
Secretary: Tamsin Cowley - 07879 846119
Committee - Members
Pauline Rowe - 01763 231749
Wendy Watts - 01763 245820
If you have any problems with this website, please contact Ian Cowley
Powered by Create