Corvus* Amateur Drama Society (CADS) is Royston’s amateur drama group, performing since the 1940s. Membership is open to anyone from fifteen years of age upwards, though we also perform a family pantomime that embraces all age groups. The group performs regularly at Greneway School and Meridian School, Garden Walk, Royston.
* Why "Corvus"? Click here to find out
CADS aims to enter different Drama Festivals on a regular basis and has entered the Haverhill, Welwyn, Sawston or Cambridge Drama Festivals with one-act plays most years since 2004. In three of the last five times it has entered the Cambridge festival, CADS has won the Audience Appreciation award; in 2007 and 2011 the group also won the overall best play award, in 2006, 2007 and 2013 members of the group won the Best Cameo award and in 2011 Jordan Worland won the award for Best Actor, with Bernie Parsons being nominated for Best Actress. Over the years, we have also picked up awards for sound and technical presentation, and members of CADS have also been nominated in many other categories at most of these festivals.
CADS also makes its own local drama awards each year - click here for details.
Paid membership of CADS provides the following benefits:
* Regular newsletters with details of what’s on
* FREE tickets for productions
* Full public and personal liability insurance when working on group productions
* Opportunity to take part in a wide variety of theatrical productions including drama, music, pantomime
* Opportunity to learn all about stage craft: stage management, staging, lighting and sound, props, costume, make-up
* Opportunity for people with interests as diverse as costume design, carpentry, make-up and stage electrics
* Involvement with the local community
* Social events and activities
Committee - Officers
Presidents: Peter Worthy, Pat Houghton
Chair: Kev Marchant - 07813 953332
Vice-Chair: Wendy Watts - 01763 245820
Treasurer: Phil Rowe - 01763 231749
Secretary: Ian Cowley - 07163 244927
Committee - Members
If you have any problems with this website, please contact us
Powered by Create